1) The world is round so that friendship may encircle it.
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
2) True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.
- Charles Caleb Colton
3) Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day.
- Barbara de Angelis
4) Be not afraid of life. Believe that life IS worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
- James Truslow Adams
5) There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it.
- Maya Angelou
6) Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
- Guillaume Apollinaire
7) Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.
8) It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
- Marcus Aurelius
9) Pain and death are part of life. To reject them is to reject life itself.
- Henry Ellis
10) I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
- George Burns
11) Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
- David Frost
12) Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
- Langston Hughes
13) Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.
- Anne Frank
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants