Wednesday

Disappearing act and dieting

Between work and family obligations, I have been so caught up and busy for the past weeks that I did not even realise I have not posted anything for a full month!
I remember starting to write a post or two but somehow got interrupted and the post ended up empty and abandoned.
One of the post was to gleefully announce my successful weight loss! I've lost almost 20lbs in the past five months and am darn proud of it! The most amazing part are the inches lost! I lost about 6in off my waistline and dozens more on my upper body, hips and thighs.
I am so happy that I can now fit into a size 10 that I went out to celebrate with chocolates and ice creams!
Though not exactly deprived of my favourite desserts during my Shapeworks/Herbalife diet, as I sometimes do give in and indulge in a chocolate bar or two, I still missed stuffing myself silly with chocolate peanut butter ice cream, chocolate fudge ice cream, dark chocolate, sneakers, Oreos, anything with the word chocolate in it!
Now I weigh 132lbs for my 5'5" medium frame. Though still not my ideal weight and I am still considered a tad on the heavy side for my frame and height, I am happy as it is. My hubby has no complains. I can fit into all my pre-pregnancy clothes and even clothes I bought more than ten years ago. Life is good! I feel healthier and more lively!
I still exercise daily with morning walks and Denise Austin's floor exercise routines. I continue to take the protein shakes once a day instead of twice a day. I made sure to eat healthy meals and allow myself desserts and snacks. Moderation is the key to everything!
Perhaps I may even try to lose another 10lbs to reach my ideal weight but this time, it is not because someone said something nasty to me, it is because I want to show that I can do it if I set my sight to it.
Let's just hope I do not become pregnant again.....

No comments: