Sunday

More lies...

This is it.

I am officially fed up and extremely pissed.

The elections is really driving me up the wall.

Note to politicians: It is one thing to lie in order to win votes but to publicise it every few hours, every bloody day is enough to make any sane person go nuts!

So, I have had it. I am sure my countrymen (who are not politicians) are equally fed up.

In case you are curious, I am referring to the government's media blitz. Every time I switch on the radio, I bloody hear a sickening advertisement on how great the government is. It is enough to get my blood boiling and give me an immediate need to strangle the bloody government! Except that I can't do that. It would means strangling quite a lot of people including the hantus and the whatnots. Besides, I do not want to dirty my hands touching such undesirables.

Won't you get mad that the bloody irritating advertisement extols the many values and wonderful qualities of our country from the harmony and unity to the high public safety rate to the equal opportunities for all when the opposite is true?

How can there be harmony and unity when people of different races are suffering an under the surface tension which threatens to boil over at the slightest indication? How can there be unity when different racial groups nowadays mixes with only their own race more than with other races out of choice? How can there be harmony when there is blatant racial discrimination sanctioned by the government, creating vast dissatisfactions and ripples of discontent amongst the people?

And public safety... how can there be a great public safety rate with a wonderful police force (as advertised) when crime rates continue to climb? What is public safety when eight-year-olds can no longer play in a playground near their homes without being kidnapped in broad daylight? How can there be public safety when the police sometimes could not even be bothered and takes up to 30 minutes to turn up if someone did make a distress call? CCTVs only record events and images, how in the world does it prevent a murder / rape / kidnapping? Even if a policeman watching the CCTV saw a murder and immediately alerted his colleagues on the ground, does it prevent it from happening? Nope, all it does was just to inform the police that something had happened! So, what is the point? Is that public safety? Err...I don't think so.

I do not want to go into equal opportunities because it would make this entry longer than a 300-page book. If there are equal opportunities here, then, I can safely say there are purple flying elephants and blue slim pigs with angel wings running around my country.

Enough said, I think all these advertisements will only work against them because if it pisses me off, I am sure it pisses a whole load of other people too! So, what do pissed off voters do? They mark on the boxes that do not favour the advertisers of course!

Oh yeah, I recently heard a priceless joke about two of the infamous politicians here. I guess it could be applied to any politician, you only need to replace the names of the politicians. Here it is:

An elderly priest has been ill for quite a while and one day, when he knew Death is almost upon him, he told his close friend that he needed to see two people before he die.

"Who do you want to see, father? I will bring them to you," his friend asked.

"I want to see KJ and Samy Velly at the same time," was his weak reply.

His friend was puzzled but he obliged and went out of his way to contact KJ and Samy. When contacted, both men were somewhat puzzled that a dying priest had wanted to meet them before he died.

So, both of them arrived at the same time and went to the priest's room.

"I want to thank you both for coming. It really meant a lot to me," the priest told them, tears glistening in his eyes, as he gestured for them to stand next to him, one on each side of his bed.

The old priest took their hands in each of his hand and a look of contentment and utter peace settled onto this face.

Puzzled, they asked 'Father, we are wondering, why of so many people in this country, you chose to see us before you die?'

His reply...

"Our Lord Saviour Jesus died in between two lying thieves and it is an honour that I will be able to die this way too."





No comments: